Financial assistance programs
At Nevada Regional Medical Center, we treat all patients, regardless of their ability to pay for services. We accept most insurances and will submit claims to insurance companies on behalf of our patients. We also depend on prompt payment of accounts to continue to provide excellent healthcare services to the community.
In the event you have concerns about paying for your medical care, NRMC wants you to be aware of our financial assistance programs. NRMC offers a variety of discount programs. We will work with you to create a plan that fits your needs. NRMC may discount your bill and/or help you make payment arrangements based on your household income. All of our financial assistance programs have eligibility requirements.
Available Financial Assistance Options
NRMC Financial Assistance Program
MO HealthNet (Medicaid) Application
Uninsured Patient Discount
NRMC FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
- Patients who do not have health insurance, Medicaid, or Medicare and whose annual family income does not exceed a set percentage of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Patients who have insurance and whose medically-related, out-of-pocket expenses within the last twelve months exceed a set percentage of their annual family income and whose annual family income does not exceed a set percentage of the federal poverty guidelines.
Steps to Follow to Discuss Eligibility Qualifications
- Copy of most recently completed and signed income tax return. If you have not filed income tax returns, you will need a statement of earnings from the Social Security Office.
- 3 months of bank statements for each bank account in which you are the owner
- Proof of past 12 months of income which includes and is not limited to:
- Child Support
- Social Security Income
- Disability Income,
- Employment Income
- Unemployment Compensation
- Income from parents or others
- Financial assistance applies only to treatment and services provided by NRMC. Physicians and other providers’ fees are the sole responsibility of the patient.
- Call (417) 667-3355, ext. 1558 or 3694 to visit with any Financial Counselor, located in the Admitting/Registration area, to discuss eligibility.
MO HEALTHNET PROGRAM (FORMERLY KNOWN AS MEDICAID)
Nevada Regional Medical Center will assist you in filing for assistance through the MO HealthNet (Medicaid) Assistance program. Applications for this program are available through our Financial Counseling Services. A basic list of items needed to complete the application:
- Photo I.D.
- Birth Certificate
- Verification of income for the past 30 days
- Current bank statements
- Verification of other health insurance
- Verification of life insurance
As each application varies, the items needed may also vary. For more information, you can visit the MO HealthNet website at http://www.dss.mo.gov/mhk/appl.htm
To obtain an application, you may visit the Admissions area at NRMC or call the NRMC Medicaid Qualifier at 417-667-3355 ext. 1561.
UNINSURED/SELF-PAY DISCOUNT PROGRAM
Uninsured patients who do not qualify for financial assistance or the state Medicaid program may be eligible for NRMC’s uninsured patient discount.
If you have a problem paying your account or need help in making financial arrangements for your self-pay portion of the bill, please call our Financial Counselor at 417-667-3355. Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), click here.
For a list of definitions, click here.